Best Commercials of 2006:
10) Ken Schrader / Little Debbie – “Little Debbie 500”
I was so thankful when Little Debbie got rid of their “My Girl” campaign. Who would have thought that Ken Schrader would be in a mini mart?
9) Various Drivers / Coca-Cola – “Coca-Cola Racing Family”
Cool commercial. Look for Carl Edwards on the cliff and look for Elliott Sadler on the iceberg. I’m so bummed Elliott is no longer a Ford driver.
8) Tony Stewart / Home Depot – “Zippy Tour”
“That’s the stupidest thing I ever heard you say!” Classic.
7) Dale Jarett, Elliott Sadler / UPS – “Burnout”
This is all that is left of the old Robert Yates Racing. Memories.
6) Michael Waltrip / Napa Auto – “Blue Dodge”
Hey Mikey – This was the only funny commercial you did this year. You are losing it, bud.
5) The Earnhardts / Budweiser – “Father’s Day”
Great tribute to the Earnhardt family. This touching commercial was released during Father Day weekend.
4) Kasey Kahne/Allstate – “Girls Day Out”
Is Kasey Kahne really that hot to ram your car into something? All us guys have to look at in racing is slim pickings: Danica Patrick, Kelly “girl” Sutton, Sarah Fisher, and Erin Crocker.
3) Denny Hamlin / FedEx – “Hobbies”
This is hands down the best of the FedEx commercials staring Denny Hamlin this year. He is a great stock car racer who has many great years ahead. He is a great “Rookie of the Year” placing 3rd in the chase this year.
2) Darrell Waltrip / Toyota – “Stunts”
Ol’ D.W. is at it again! I love his crazy Toyota commercials.
1) Carl Edwards, Mark Martin – “Crazy Old Man”
Hands down the best NASCAR commercial of the year! I love the fact that both Carl and Mark star in this one together.
Continue reading Best and Worst NASCAR Commercials of the 2006 Season